January 5, 2008

Avatar pictures

As Andrew posted in his blog, one of the fun things that you can do on the internet is to create avatar pictures. You can choose to create a character that looks similar to a Harry Potter character, a Simpsons character, or a create your own customized cartoon figure. People can use these as their profile pictures for their blog, for theirTwitter account, or for their profile pictures on social networking sites like Ning.com. On library 2.0, some people use avatar pictures, pictures of their pets, favorite pictures, or artistic photos if they want to keep their identity private. However, many people on Library 2.0 Ning do use real pictures of themselves.
Here are some avatar cartoons that I have made:


Yahoo! AvatarsStephanie S. showed me a nice site called Meez, that seems even better than the Yahoo avatars application. It even allows you to animate your avatar. Here is a picture of avatar from there:

Meez 3D avatar avatars gamesAs you can see, I am a fan of Golden Retrievers.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

Your blog is great! I have made a Meez, but have not saved it. So I just uploaded one of my LJ icons instead to show my avatar creation skills.

Heidi said...

I just made a Yahoo avatar. How do I save it to my computer so that I can upload it? Or do you direct link to it- and how?

Isabelle Fetherston said...

On the yahoo page (http://avatars.yahoo.com/), look for the word "export" on the far right side of the page - in a panel with a blue background with the title "Yahoo! Avatars at the top. When you click on export, it will give you the html to put it on your blog.

Isabelle Fetherston said...

It took me a long time to find that feature. It is not very user-friendly!